Immediately Following Surgery
Your denture/partial is designed to accommodate the dramatic changes that occur after having your teeth extracted. Your mouth will feel very strange and different to you following surgery.
- Follow the instructions given to you by your surgeon or periodontist regarding diet, medication, rinsing, etc.
- You may remove the denture/partial for rinsing, but it should be reinserted within 5-10 minutes.
- The first time you remove your prosthesis, it is best to be sitting. Your prothesis compresses the tissues in your mouth and when removed may cause a slight feeling of being light headed.
- If the denture/partial is removed for an extended period of time, any swelling that might occur can go unregulated and you may not be able to reinsert your denture/partial for several days.
- We will make any modifications or adjustments necessary during your office visit with us.
DON’T WORRY, IT WILL GET BETTER!